Centralized Encryption Key Control and Policy Management for Key Management
Vormetric Data Security Manager is a FIPS 140-2 certified hardware appliance that provides centralized key and policy management for Vormetric Key Management. The Vormetric Data Security Manager provides enterprise encryption key management for Transparent Data Encryption from both Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server databases. This encryption key management solution also provides secure storage for any other encryption key of any strength, symmetric or asymmetric, used by applications and devices across the enterprise using Vormetric Enterprise Key Management Data Vault.
The Vormetric Data Security Manager is managed with the intuitive GUI-based Vormetric Data Security Management Console. The same Data Security Manager appliance provides encryption key and policy management for both Vormetric Key Management and Vormetric Encryption. The Data Security Management Console delivers intuitive, web based administration, encryption key policy management and audit across the distributed enterprise.
The Vormetric Data Security Manager console provides:
- Manageability — Enables centralized administration of Transparent Data Encryption keys for Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Separation of Duties — Role-based administration provides separation of duties between system and security administrators for security
- Scalable Deployments with Multiple Domains — Protects the privacy of each line of business with a dedicated security domain and domain/security administrator
- Control — Stores any third party encryption key, both symmetric and asymmetric, with the Vormetric Data Security Manager Key Vault
- Operational Efficiency — Provides a common policy management platform for both Vormetric Key Management and Vormetric Encryption to deliver simplicity, operational efficiency and maximum return on investment
- Security — FIPS 140-2 Level 2 and 3 certified appliance includes two factor authentication to ensure maximum security of data
- Auditability — Enables a separation of duties (SOD) between IT functions and key lifecycle management including key generation, storage, expiration tracking and auditing of key operations