FedRAMP Compliance Standards
According to FedRamp.Gov:
The Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program, or FedRAMP, is a government-wide program that provides a standardized approach to security assessment, authorization, and continuous monitoring for cloud products and services. ….
- Accelerate the adoption of secure cloud solutions through reuse of assessments and authorizations
- Increase confidence in security of cloud solutions
- Achieve consistent security authorizations using a baseline set of agreed upon standards to be used for cloud product approval in or outside of FedRAMP
- Ensure consistent application of existing security practice
- Increase confidence in security assessments
- Increase automation and near real-time data for continuous monitoring
FedRAMP authorizes cloud systems in a three step process:
- Security Assessment: The security assessment process uses a standardized set of requirements in accordance with FISMA using a baseline set of NIST 800-53 controls to grant security authorizations.
- Leveraging and Authorization: Federal agencies view security authorization packages in the FedRAMP repository and leverage the security authorization packages to grant a security authorization at their own agency.
- Ongoing Assessment & Authorization: Once an authorization is granted, ongoing assessment and authorization activities must be completed to maintain the security authorization.
How Vormetric Can Help You Comply with FedRAMP
Core Vormetric capabilities that help meet FedRAMP compliance standards include:
- Encryption and Key Management: Strong, centrally managed, file, volume and application encryption combined with simple, centralized key management that is transparent to processes, applications and users.
- Access Policies and Privileged User Controls: Restrict access to encrypted data – permitting data to be decrypted only for authorized users and applications, while allowing privileged users to perform IT operations without the ability to see protected information.
- Security Intelligence: Logs that capture access attempts to protected data, providing high value security intelligence information that can be used with a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solution and for compliance reporting.
In addition to helping you comply with FedRAMP; FIPS 199; FIPS 200; FISMA; NIST 800-53, Revision 4, and FIPS 140-2. Vormetric security solutions are designed to help you comply with:
Other standards that will arise
How Vormetric Solutions Work
The Vormetric Security Platform
The Vormetric Data Security Platform is the only solution with a single extensible framework for protecting data-at-rest under the diverse requirements of Federal Agencies across the broadest range of OS platforms, databases, cloud environments and big data implementations. The result is low total cost of ownership, as well as simple, efficient deployment and operation.
- The Vormetric Cloud Encryption Gateway safeguards files in cloud storage environments. It encrypts sensitive data before it is saved to the cloud enabling security teams to establish the visibility and control they need around sensitive assets. Because Vormetric’s Cloud Encryption Gateway relies on the Vormetric Data Security Manager for encryption key and policy management, customers never relinquish control of cryptographic keys to the provider and data never leaves the enterprise premises unencrypted or unaccounted for.
- Vormetric Transparent Encryption provides file and volume level data-at-rest encryption, secure key management and access controls required by regulation and compliance regimes.
- Vormetric Key Management enables centralized management of encryption keys for other environments and devices including KMIP compatible hardware, Oracle and SQL Server TDE master keys and digital certificates.
- Vormetric Data Security Intelligence provides another level of protection from malicious insiders, privileged users, APTs and other attacks that compromise data by delivering the access pattern information that can identify an incident in progress.
- Vormetric Application Encryption enables agencies to easily build encryption capabilities into internal applications at the field and column level.
- Vormetric Tokenization with Dynamic Masking lets administrators establish policies to return an entire field tokenized or dynamically mask parts of a field. With the solution’s format-preserving tokenization capabilities, you can restrict access to sensitive assets, yet at the same time, format the protected data in a way that enables many users to do their jobs.
Be Protected in Weeks not Months Whatever Your OS
Vormetric works with Federal Agencies and vendors to install its Data Security solutions in weeks rather than months. The Vormetric solutions work with most major operating systems, including Linux, UNIX and Windows servers in physical, virtual, cloud and big data environments.
Easy to Use and Won’t Hurt System Performance
Vormetric Data Security makes it simple to solve security and compliance concerns by simultaneously defending data in databases, files and Big Data nodes across public, private, hybrid clouds and traditional infrastructures. Central management of the entire data security platform makes it easy to extend data security protection and satisfy compliance requirements across the entire Agency, growing as required, without adding new hardware or increasing operational burdens.
Customers typically report no perceptible impact to end-user experience when using Vormetric solutions. Vormetric performs encryption and decryption operations at the optimal location of the files system or volume manager taking advantage of hardware cryptographic acceleration, such as Intel® Advanced Encryption Standard-New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI) and SPARC Niagara Crypto, to speed the encryption and decryption of data.
Collectively, this leads to the most cost-effective solution on the market. For more information, contact us.