Enterprise Cloud Security Solution
It’s simple: When moving your data to an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud, the security of your enterprise data is your responsibility—and your problem if things go awry.
To leverage cloud resources while meeting your enterprise cloud security and compliance requirements, your security teams need robust, persistent, and granular controls—controls that can be applied whether data is in your internal data center or at your cloud provider’s facilities. In the past, enterprises and organizations have lacked these security controls in cloud environments, and have therefore been forced to limit their adoption of cloud services, or hold off on migrating to cloud environments altogether.
The Vormetric Data Security Platform offers an enterprise cloud security solution that can help you address compliance concerns that delay or minimize the migration of sensitive assets into private, public and hybrid clouds with its robust, comprehensive security capabilities.
Cloud Implementation Approaches
Vormetric provides your organization with complete flexibility in how you deploy your data-at-rest security solutions in the cloud. The following are common approaches to address enterprise cloud security concerns:
- Bring your own license. With the Vormetric Data Security Platform, your organization can take a bring-your-own-license (BYOL) approach, whether you’re running sensitive data in public, private or hybrid cloud environments. With this approach, you centrally manage your own agents that are deployed across servers in physical or virtual machines for public, private and hybrid cloud environments.
- Procure from your cloud or managed service provider. Your organization can procure fully supported data security services offerings directly from your cloud service provider. There are many Vormetric Cloud Partners that deliver a Data Security-as-a-service powered by Vormetric.
- On premise or in the cloud policy and key management. The Vormetric Data Security Manager centralizes policy and key management and can be deployed in your data center, hosted or run in the cloud. The Vormetric Data Security Manager, is available as a virtual appliance or as a FIPS 140-2 validated physical appliance. Regardless of the Data Security Manager is on- or off-premise, only your authorized IT team are custodians of the keys and can set access and key management policies.
Whether you choose to deploy your Vormetric Data Security Manager on premise or in the cloud, only your organization can access your encryption policies and cryptographic keys.
The Benefits of Enterprise Cloud Security
By leveraging Vormetric data security in your cloud deployments, your organization can realize these cloud security advantages:
- Address compliance mandates. You can gain the controls, visibility, and auditability you need to comply with internal policies and mandates. You can run more services in the cloud and stay compliant, whether you manage data regulated by privacy laws, the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), or other regulations.
- Reduce risk of data breaches. With Vormetric encryption, you can be assured that, even if there’s a breach at your cloud provider’s facilities, encrypted data won’t be compromised, which may mean you can avoid the forced disclosures required by privacy regulations.
- Reduce subpoena exposure. Even if your cloud provider receives a subpoena requiring the submission of your organization’s digital assets, the Vormetric cloud security solution will enable you to retain control over keys, and so retain control over whether any encrypted assets get decrypted or not.
- Stop privileged user abuse. Once your data is in the cloud it is accessible by a host of privileged users, such as the cloud provider’s root users, storage administrators, hypervisor administrators, etc. With the Vormetric cloud security solution, you can choose to let these administrators see the meta-file information if they require it to do their jobs — but assure that they can’t see your stored or archived cloud data in clear-text.
- Mitigate virtualization exposure. In your cloud provider’s virtualized cloud environments, sensitive assets can ultimately be replicated to many different repositories and, even after a virtual machine is decommissioned, data remnants may remain accessible in storage. With Vormetric cloud security solutions, you can ensure that security policies remain in effect no matter where data is moved.